We'll now explore what is a block and the different functions available within a block.
What is a Block?
- A block is a representation of a paragraph in the script editor.
- It can hold several sub-blocks that represent sentences.
- Users can add an unlimited number of blocks to a single project.
- Each block created in the script editor will also appear in the timeline at the bottom as a voice block.
There are multiple ways to add blocks to your project.
- You can hover your cursor over the right side between two existing blocks and click on the pop-up option "Add a block".
- Alternatively, you can head towards the end of the project and click on the "+ Add a block" option.
- You can also click on the "+" icon present in the bottom timeline to add a new block.
- To delete a block, first select it.
- Then, click on the three dots located in the top right corner of the block to access the block menu.
- From there, choose the option to delete the block.
To merge two blocks, simply place the cursor between the relevant blocks and click on the "Merge" option located on the left-hand side of the text block.
To split blocks, simply hover your cursor between two sub-blocks on the left-hand side, as demonstrated below.
To access the voice settings and block menu, simply select a block first. This will allow you to perform various functions, including:
- Rearranging: To adjust the order of your blocks, you can utilize the available functions to move them up or down by one place. If you need to rearrange blocks by more than one place, simply drag and drop them from the timeline.
- Download Audio: Export the audio for the selected block in a variety of available formats.
- Download Script: Export the script for the selected block in a variety of available formats.
- Copy Block Settings: Users have the option to duplicate settings such as Voice Actor, Style, Speed, and Pitch for a block.
- Paste Block Settings: Paste the copied block settings to a specific block.
- Apply Settings to Project: Apply the block settings to the entire project for a seamless and consistent experience across all blocks.
- Duplicate: Make a copy of the block.
- Delete: If you wish to remove a block, select it first. After that, access the block menu by clicking on the three dots located in the top right corner of the block. Then, choose the option to delete the block. Blocks can also be deleted from the bottom timeline.